Affordable, Top-Quality Mastered Tracks
Your stereo, un-mastered mix, is processed with utmost attention to detail, resulting in a finished, finalized pre-master that is release-ready (see rates). Things like, the dynamics, balance of sound across the frequency spectrum and impact/punch of your songs are at their most impressive. The better your mix, the better the mastered result can be, so it’s not about fixing what’s wrong with your record, but more about bringing out what’s already great about it, so it stands up against any commercially released record.
Mastering is the primary focus here at K-Sound and my simple, uncluttered system setup and workflow enables me to deliver the results of this service pretty quickly.
My mastering process is currently done totally in the digital domain where settings can be instantaneously recalled, making the process very quick, but the processing applied is more of the approach of classic analog mastering. Careful gain staging is employed along every link in the signal chain with the careful consideration to make the finished recording sound like it was mastered through classic analog gear with all the non-linearities of signal response that makes the kind of sound that pretty much everybody loves the most like: Tube/Transformer saturation, Tape saturation and certain industry standard mastering compressors, EQ units and consoles.
How the Service Works
Contact K-Sound using the contact form to book the mastering service
- Send your stereo interleaved, WAV or AIFF files (24-bit preferred).
- Once done I’ll send you a secure link to download a HQ MP3 of the track, which you can assess.
- Once approved by you, I’ll send you an invoice for the work.
- Once the balance is paid, I’ll provide you with a secure link to your mastered material in both 16-bit & 24-bit WAV or AIFF format.
- Turnaround is normally within 48 hours.
- Payment is accepted via Paypal or in certain cases by bank transfer.
Your pre-mastered mix files must adhere to the following specifications:
- 16 or 24 bit (24 bit is preferred) WAV or AIFF files.
- Stereo interleaved or multi-mono (stereo interleaved preferred).
- No MP3s! It bears repeating because some people still send them. Don’t waste your time!
- 44.1KHz or higher sample rate (up to 96KHz) – anything lower than 44.1KHz will not be accepted.
- Maximum peak level of the stereo waveform to not exceed 0dBFS*
- No mastering-type processes like peak limiting, loudness maximizing etc. (e.g. Waves L2) to have been already applied to the stereo mix because such processing will make my job pointless and you will get no benefit from it.*
Anything else you wish to know please contact K-Sound
The Mastering Chain
- Through Genelec Nearfield Monitors.
- Protools 10 and plugins from SSL, Softube, Lexicon, Avid, Waves & Slate Digital to name the ones we tend to use the most
However, in our opinion, the most important bits of kit at K-Sound are those things stuck on either side of the mastering engineer’s head!
Reserve Your Space for Mastering Now
Fill out the form with your message and requirements and we’ll send you details of what to do next.